I hate even mentioning my shortfalls. I know I have them.. but who wants to list them out? Well, this year I’m doing things differently. I want to improve, but I don’t want to set rules. So I’m identifying these parts of myself and becoming aware of the ways in which I can change them, if I so wish. And I’m no perfectionist. I don’t WANT to change everything, but I do really need to be aware. Awareness is good.
Along with everything awesome about me, there are a few quirky/unsavory/weird things as well. Things I can’t keep myself from, resist or things I never seem to be able to do.
It pains me so.. but here are some of my shortfalls:
- jalapeno cream cheese taquitos from 7-11
- slip-on Vans sneakers
- expecting too much of my friends and family
- clinging to past loves and feelings
- slow to forgive
- plan EVERYTHING (includes putting even the most miniscule task on my calendar)
- keeping even the smallest scraps of decorative paper
- compulsion to make instead of buy (good be seen as a good thing!)
- ginger ale and root beer
- greasy taco truck tacos
There are many more shortfalls, believe me. But for the sake of my sanity, I’ll stop here. Next up on the docket? Things I’m GOOD at! Yay! I can’t wait for that one. It will be the bandage to my self-esteem that I’ll need after this post 🙂