It’s been a while since I’ve written here, and definitely quite a while since I updated you on the goings-on of all things Cream Team. A few fun facts:
- Cream Team got real official on Facebook.
- We registered a domain finally, though there is nothing there. Yet.
- We’re rocking the #teamcreamteam, if you wanna keep up with our latest and greatest food adventures.
- We recently competed in the Colossal Curry Cook-off at the Shangri-la, generously put on by the Austin Food Blogger Alliance. We won first place in the People’s Choice category and second place overall! We lost to the only other Rendang curry, from Briskets and Bagels own, Dave. The ever-trusty and sweet Jim helped us out with this one.
- During SXSW 2016, in one weekend, we competed in two competitions: Meatball Takedown (our balls were mighty fine; we took 2nd place in People’s Choice category) and SouthBites Quesoff With Food Porn Star Michael Chernow At FYI BiteClub at The Driskill Hotel (the influx of Californians here for SXSW shot quite a few disgusting ‘I’m not trying that’ looks our way).
- We also took the top prize at the Nomad Chili Bowl with an ALL BEAN vegan chili. Yep, you heard correct. It was so good we beat out hordes of meat chilies.
There’s more, I’m sure. But, suffice it to say, we’ve been busy cooking and competing and prepping our way to (mostly) victory! We feel good about our curry win, are fairly sick of making meatballs, and are looking forward to Quesoff 2016.